Hawke's Bay Homes has a purpose-designed prefabrication facility at 1139 Maraekakaho Road, Hastings. We have a long history of being based in Irongate and we have the capacity to build up to 6 buildings at any given time in a covered weatherproof facility.
We believe that building off-site in our purpose-built factory is the most sustainable building method as it reduces transport needs, is more energy efficient, and has less impact on the immediate environment.
The facilities floor is lasered enabling mobile scaffolding to maneuver around the buildings. Plumbers are able to work under the building on mechanical trolleys and when required sub-contractors can have staff on shift work, to complete buildings. Everyone is spread about in separate work areas and the buildings are completed to a closed-in stage internally and then rolled outside for sub-contractors to complete internal work.
Our buildings are alarmed and monitored so no time is wasted packing up equipment each day. There is limited waste as all offcuts are re-sorted into reusable products such as pegs and profiles. Other key drivers of building off-site versus on-site are;
• Costs savings compared to conventional on-site builds
• No site construction delays due to weather
• Sustainable buildings and waste minimisation
• Innovative designs and consenting managed by us
• Certainty of on-time delivery and budget
• Undercover construction provides assurance for dry and on-time production methods.
See our building process.
Here at Hawke’s Bay Homes we aim to be the leader in construction waste minimisation in Hawke’s Bay. We do have dedicated recycling stations on site. Other benefits are;
• The use of sustainable practices and materials
• Standardisation of parts
• Careful and efficient use of all materials
• Increase efficiency as well as reduce waste through clever planning and dedicated recycling stations